10 Questions For Wedding Venues That Save Money (Part II)Posted by Lynne Drevik on May 2, 2016 in Weddings | 0 comments
Did you know you can actually save money on your wedding? Seriously. When you know what you’re looking for and what questions to ask, you can save a lot of money in dreaded “add-ons” and extras. Take these questions to your wedding venue to avoid surprises on your bill. Missed the first five? Catch up here.
6. Is seating for the ceremony available? Depending on your chosen ceremony venue, determine how and where your guests will sit. Some venues use the same event space for the ceremony and the reception. Find out if they offer chairs for both parts of your special day. Looking for a romantic, rustic feel for your ceremony? We have white farm benches to seat up to 100 of your guests, at no additional charge.
7. Are there any choices for lighting the venue? Is your theme romantic or traditional? Modern or rustic? Choose a venue that provides options for lighting that can enhance the ambience of your ceremony and reception. Ask what’s included in your package. We have an assortment of lighting for our couples to choose from. Come see our collection of chandeliers in gold and silver, traditional string lights or those with Edison-style bulbs and white birch branches with fairy lights.
8. Are any flowers included? Flowers can add color and texture to your special day! If you decide to incorporate flowers into your wedding decor, ask your vendor if any flowers are included with your wedding package. For example, we provide the bride’s bouquet and the groom’s boutonniere on your wedding day.
9. Do you include a wedding cake? Ask your wedding venue or caterer about the cost of the wedding cake. Some venues require that you work with a specific baker while others allow outside cakes but charge per slice to cut it for your guests. A few dollars per head to cut the cake can add up quickly! Our couples enjoy a wedding cake with buttercream frosting for all of their guests at no additional cutting charge.
10. Is a Champagne Toast included? This is one of the most special days of your life and a champagne toast is a must! Find out if your venue provides a champagne toasts for your guests. All weddings hosted at the Phineas Swann enjoy a complimentary champagne toast for all guests.
Want to learn more? We’re hosting a Wedding Open House and Bridal Expo May 29 between 2 pm and 5 pm. You can tour the gardens, wedding tent and see sample table settings and menus. There will be a variety of photographers, videographers, florists and other wedding professionals there to meet.
For more information and to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.