10 Questions For Wedding Venues That Save Money (Part I)Posted by Lynne Drevik on Apr 25, 2016 in Weddings | 0 comments
You’ve found the groom, bought the dress and shoes, picked your bridesmaids, now what? It’s time to find a venue!
Getting to know your venue is so important. Look at their website, read through their contract, and ask lots of questions.
Here are 10 questions you should ask your wedding venue to avoid extra charges.
1. What table linens do you provide? Table linens are the “icing on the cake” to your wedding reception. They provide a crisp base to your table setting. Depending on the venue, some may charge to use and clean their linens. At the Phineas Swann, we offer white tablecloths with runners and napkins that coordinate with your wedding colors. If you’d prefer a colored table cloth, we can provide you with a quote for your event.
2. What table décor is included? Many brides use table décor to enhance the ambiance of their reception. Inquire as to what table décor is available for your use. Some venues may charge to use their accessories. Candles, antique bottles, candelabras, copper tea kettle collections, vases, and votives are a few things we offer to our brides at no cost. And you’re welcome to supply any theme-specific decor items you’d like.
3. Do you have sound system and is there a charge to use it? Find out what sound equipment your venue offers. Do they have a list of specified vendors for music that you must choose from? Is there a set up fee? We provide a sound system free-of-charge that covers the entire property and is available during your ceremony and reception. If you’d like to make announcements, speeches, or project toasts, our couples are welcome to use our microphone so all their guests can hear. Working with a videographer? They can connect to our system and record the sound to be included on your wedding video.
4. How much does an officiant cost? An officiant is the person who will perform your wedding ceremony. Officiants can cost upwards of $500! Whoa! And religious-specific officiants, like Rabbis, can cost even more. When you get married at the Phineas Swann, your wedding package includes the cost of the officiant. And as an added bonus, we also cover the cost of your marriage license.
5. Is there an additional charge for bartenders? More staff can mean more money. Ask your venue how many staff members will be available for your wedding and if bar tenders are included. We don’t charge extra for bartenders.
For many of our brides, wedding planning can be an overwhelming and costly experience. Our goal is to make your special day as simple and affordable as possible.
Have a question about hosting your wedding or event at the Phineas Swann? Give us a call at (802) 326-4306 and ask for Lynne.
And don’t forget to check back next week for 5 more questions to ask your wedding venue.